- Background: The Dissemination Manager will be responsible to coordinate dissemination activities in relation to WorldFish`s Genetic Improvement Programs for Fish in Bangladesh, with the private sector, Government and WorldFish`s Sustainable aquaculture program
- Eligibility, Location and Duration: This position will be based at WorldFish`s Country Office in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Interviews are expected to be held in June 2020 and only shortlisted candidates will be notified and expected to attend the interview. The successful candidate should be available to commence on July 2020 for an initial three (3) years fixed term contract, with the possibility of contract renewal depending on performance and funding availability. .
- A well-coordinated Genetically Improved Farmed Tilapia (GIFT) and carps dissemination program for WorldFish in Bangladesh.
- A fully-functional Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Government of Bangladesh, Department of Fisheries and the Bangladesh Fisheries Research Institute with regard to fish genetic improvement, dissemination and aquaculture industry development.
- Excellent collaboration with private sector tilapia and carps fish businesses in Bangladesh, including development and maintenance of agreements, business plans and payment systems.
- Assist WorldFish, the private sector and Government to maintain well-performing fish breeding programs, hatcheries and nurseries in Bangladesh.
- Maintain open and transparent linkages, information flow and communications between genetic improvement programs in Bangladesh and the rest of the Genetic program in WorldFish.
- Fish Aquatic Health services to support GIFT and carps breeding and dissemination in Bangladesh.
- Increased in-country capacity to support GIFT and carps breeding and dissemination programs in Bangladesh.
- A well-executed private sector engagement plan in GIFT and carps breeding and dissemination, including local service providers (LSPs), hatcheries, nurseries, feed companies and aquaculture supply companies.
- A WorldFish Carp Genetic Improvement Program (CGIP) brand is developed, maintained, protected and promoted.
- A well audited system managing income from private sector partners.
- Implementation of on-farm performance trials of genetically improved carp while establishing and maintaining good relationships with collaborating farmers and other stakeholders.
Bachelor Degree in Science (e.g. biological science, fisheries, aquaculture, agriculture) or business (e.g. accounting, business management). Master's or PhD degree is preferred.
At least 10 year(s)
Apply Procedure Interested applicants are invited to submit the following information online latest by Apply Here Screening will start immediately, and will continue until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of applicants for WorldFish positions, we appreciate all interest, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Application Deadline : June 20, 2020