Application Deadline: 31 Mar 2023
As Director of Finance, you`ll direct hotel financial operations and ensure the security of hotel assets. Reporting on the financial state of the hotel, you`ll also make recommendations to improve the hotel profitability. You`ll be the first point of contact for all hotel financial and accounting-related issues with owners, auditors (internal and external) and regulatory agencies.
- Implement and maintain acceptable accounting practices as required by company policy and procedures.
- Ensure financial control procedures and systems are ethical and legal.
- Participate in locally recognized professional and industry organizations.
- Manage hotel contracts (example: vendor leases and/or service contracts)
- Maintain records for internal and external audits; ensure compliance with government regulations and contractual agreements.
- Ensure accounting practices, support the guest experience through payment options (e.g. credit card systems, room charges), inventory controls and financial dispute resolution.
- Use financial analysis, data trends and market information to anticipate needs, identify operating/financial issues, and recommend actions to maximize financial return.
- Create the annual operating budget for the property and provide analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost saving and productivity opportunities for department heads.
- Ensure all accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and oversee the process of credit extension and collection of overdue accounts.
- Review rates and recommend rate strategy to the General Manager; participate in sales strategy meetings.
- Manage accounts payable to balance cash flow and reputation with suppliers.
- Analyze ROI for capital projects prior to committing funds and, upon completion, determine if anticipated results were achieved.
- Maximize cash flow performance of the hotel through controls on inventory (avoid excessive supply), credit and collection, disbursements, deposits and remittances.
- Knowledge of accounting management duties e.g. negotiating hotel space and tenant leases; processing payroll; performing asset management duties; providing business projections, displacement analysis, preparing government reports, filing tax returns etc.
- Manage day-to-day activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict, improve team member performance, and recognize good performance.
- Educate, train and motivate finance and accounting teams to achieve hotel revenue goals. Ensure staff have the information, market data, tools and equipment to successfully carry out job duties.
- Recommend or initiate any HR related actions where needed.
- Direct the team on how decision-making impacts profits.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with key department heads.
- Accountability: This is the top accounting job in a large, luxury, or resort hotel. Typically supervises clerical accounting employees in a full range of functions such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Credit/Collections, Purchasing, Audit, Payroll, and/or Accounting Operations.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in accounting and finance / CA, or ACA qualified background will be preferable.
- 4-8 years’ experience in hotel accounting or audit with at least one year in an Assistant Controller or similar supervisory role, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Ensure “Control Self Assessment” audit.
- Excellent customer relations, problem solving and time management skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Assertive, professional and positive with a proven ability to develop in a team environment.
- Must be able to work independently and maintain a positive attitude within a very busy environment.
- Able to demonstrate excellent team spirit and team building skills.
- The Candidate must have sound knowledge on Hospitality industry.
Compensation & Other Benefits
Read Before Apply
Potential candidates with above job requirements are invited to apply by email:
Applicants are encouraged
*Photograph must be enclosed with the resume.
Send your CV to email@example.com
Application Deadline : 31 Mar 2023
12 Mar 2023
Holiday Inn Dhaka City CentreAddress : 23 Shaheed Tajuddin Ahmed Sharani, Tejgaon, Dhaka-1208Web : holidayinn.comBusiness : Luxury 5 Star Hotel under the flagship of IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group)