- The Ready-Made-Garments (RMG) Sustainability Council (RSC) is an unprecedented initiative to ensure that garments exported from Bangladesh are produced in safe factories. The RSC carries forward the significant accomplishments made on workplace safety in Bangladesh following the Tazreen fire and Rana Plaza collapse incidents. The RSC conducts structural, electrical, fire, and boiler safety inspections of factories, supports and monitors remediation, conducts safety training and operates an independent safety & health complaints mechanism available to workers in RMG factories.
- Overall Job Purpose:
- The Office Manager-Admin & Logistics (OM-AL) is part of the RSC`s senior management team and leads the RSC Chattogram office for administration, procurement, and accounts activities. The role reports to the Head of HR (HoHR) of the RSC and is based in the RSC office in Chattogram. The role is responsible for driving all operational aspects of administration, procurement, and accounts at the RSC Chattogram office, support ensuring compliance to the administration budget, policies and procedures. The role is expected to manage resources efficiently in order to deliver the desired standards
- set by the department and the RSC.
- Support the HoHR in creation of budget for the RSC based on expected spending needs e.g. rentals, stationary items, vehicle running costs, utilities etc for the RSC Chattogram office.
- Support in monitoring the budget on monthly basis and ensure expenses are incurred accordingly.
- Highlight to HoHR any unbudgeted expenditure that may arise in the course of events during the year.
- Vehicle management for RSC Chattogram office including schedule wise vehicle allocation, milage calculation, vehicle tracking, vehicle servicing, cleanliness management etc.
- Driver’s overtime, conveyance, daily allowance management.
- Driver’s salary, vehicle rent bill processing management.
- Execute administration policies and SOPs for the RSC and support to ensure compliance by the departments to the same.
- Execute contracts with external suppliers/ vendors for provision of administrative services as necessary.
- Support evaluation of suppliers/ vendors for their ability to cater to the service requirements.
- Provide inputs for approval for payments to suppliers/ vendors based on completion of work/ services.
- Execute renewal of leasing arrangements of the office premises of the RSC.
- Closely monitor facilities maintenance and upkeep as per desirable standards.
- Ensure provision of all equipment, vehicles, furniture, and fittings required for smooth functioning of the office premises.
- Support in smooth resolution for any office administration related challenges.
- Page 2 of 2
- Support HoHR to identify areas that require control of costs and expenditure.
- Closely monitor these initiatives and provide periodic updates to the HoHR.
- Office expenditure management and regular update to HoHR and HoAc.
- Develop and manage team members performance.
- Coach, mentor guide and train current and new team members.
- Act as expert resource for other team members.
- At least a Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in finance, Business Administration, Human Resources
- Management, or a relevant field
- 10+ years of professional work experience in the field of administration, HR, and account function.
- In-depth understanding of administrative policies and procedures.
- Ability to deal with multiple suppliers/ vendors and drive results.
- Good in the use of MS Office software.
- Ability to get into details and understand implications for the organization.
- Good communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Proficiency in English language (and Bangla if required).
- Professionalism and integrity.
Compensation & Other Benefits
Read Before Apply
Application Deadline : 8 Dec 2023
8 Nov 2023
RMG Sustainability Council (RSC)
Published on: 8 Nov 2023
Employment Status: Full-time
Experience: At least 10 year(s)
Job Location: Chattogram
Application Deadline: 8 Dec 2023
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria