- Mahideb Jubo Somaj Kallayan Somity (MJSKS) in collaboration with Plan International Bangladesh is going a NRK Telethon – Child, Not Bride (NRK-CNB) – Bangladesh project that aims to reduce the Early Child and Forced Marriage- CEFM in Bangladesh, and the target district is Kurigram in particular. The integrated project will work in the areas of youth governance, sexual reproductive health and rights, CEFM system strengthening & monitoring and girls` economic empowerment that will ultimately contribute to combating early and forced marriage. Through this project, the girls and young women along with the boys and young men will be empowered to drive a systemic change for achieving gender equality and promoting an enabling environment for youth, especially for girls and young women to build their future aspirations and make decisions. The project will be implemented from January 2022 to December 2025.
- Supported by: Plan International
- Job Nature: Full-time up to project period based on performance.
- Job Location: 3 Upazilas namely Bhurangamari, Nageswari and Fulbari under Kurigram district.
This position is a key position to achieve the goal of the project and requires competencies to lead the technical skills development, job placement and private sector engagement for ensuring paid jobs for the target people. The role should also lead the technical activities of sustainable enterprise development with a focus on agro and non-agro sectors including establishing a value chain. This economic empowerment approach will ultimately contribute to ending child early and forced marriage in Kurigram. The position holder will also ensure coordination with the SRHR & Youth Governance components within the project, will organize and facilitate training for the beneficiaries, contribute to access of the girls and young women in the ICT sector, identify target youths and link them with different skills development institutions, employment sources, and financial institutions, will take initiatives for youth especially for girls and young women for entrepreneurship development and work readiness skills using digital platforms/tools and/ or physically. H/she will select the participants as per criteria for skills development.
- Age at most 50 years
- At least 3 years of job experience in similar position in a reputed NGO. S/he should have proven experiences on program planning, implementation, budgeting, staff management, report writing, participatory monitoring & evaluation. Candidate should have knowledge on Gender mainstreaming and Anti-social activities like; Child marriage, dowry, physical, mental, sexual harassment, eve teasing etc. issues. Knowledge on awareness on sexual and reproductive health rights for the youth and Adolescent.
- Other job requirements: Clear conception/understanding on livelihood, human rights and mainstreaming gender and right based project dynamics. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Bengali. The applicant should have computer skill on MS word, Excel, Power point and internet applications. Experience on network/linkage/collaboration with union/upazila/district level administration and likeminded organizations. Willing to stay at Upazila level with frequent visit to the remote areas. Candidate should have a good knowledge on safe guarding (Child Protection, Gender & Anti sexual harassment) issue. Should have valid Motor bike driving license. Ensuring pandemic-related safeguards are in place at meetings, trainings, and workshops. Assist to PC and provide authentic data and information relating to the project. Willing to work in a team context. Candidate will have to mention their personal email address, mobile phone & Skype ID in the CV.
Kurigram, Kurigram (Bhurungamari, Nageshwari, Phulbari)
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Festival Bonus: 1
- 1 festival bonus equivalent to 1 month gross salary for each year. 5-10% salary increment (based on gross salary) in each year as per performance appraisal. Other admissible benefit as per MJSKS policy which is mentioned in the project budget.